Cat Health Insurance
As a cat owner you can select from various plans with varying coverage and corresponding deductibles. Coverage plans vary by type, price, etc so depending on what you select your monthly premium could be as low as $5 / month up to $80 / month.
Cat Health Insurance Coverage
- Some insurance plans cover accidents but do not cover illnesses.
- Some plans cover treatment for cancer, some do not.
- Certain policies cover only accidents
- Most policies cover accidents and illness
- Some comprehensive policies can cover everything from preventive care )check-ups, vaccines, spaying/neutering, drug, dental, cancer treatment) as well as accidents and illness.
- Unless explicitly stated, you should be able to use any veterinarian you want
- You typically have to pay the vet bill out of pocket and then submit a claim
- Pre-existing conditions are not covered
Before You Buy Cat Insurance...
Matters to consider include the following:
- Does the insurance company exclude your cat's breed?
- What is the age limit on enrollment? (ex. some companies require the your cat to be at least 8-weeks-old, others do not cover a cat past a certain age.)
- Does the insurance company offer multi-cat / multi-pet discounts?
- Understand deductibles, co-payments, coverage caps so you know what it is you are going to be responsible for.
Save Money on Pet Insurance
Like life or car insurance there are certain things that can lower your costs:
- Keep your cat indoors. This will
decrease the risk of car accidents, animal / insect bites, fights or parasitic disease
- Microchip your cat good way to track a lost pet quickly
- Do not smoke. Will do wonders for your cat's lung health...
All contents are intended for entertainment purposes only. Pet owners should in no way use this site's content as a substitute for the opinions of a veterinarian or other qualified pet health provider. Owners should consult a veterinarian or other qualified pet health provider for all pet health matters. All pet care is the responsibility of the owner.